Um, guys, this is the best recipe for Green Bean Casserole that I’ve tried. I think the key is the fresh ingredients that go into it. In my opinion, this recipe does not make a lot. So, if you’re serving a crowd, definitely double the recipe.
I found this recipe on Food Network’s website. It’s a Paula Dean recipe. If you follow the recipe link, you can also watch a video of her making the dish.
Green Bean Casserole
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 2.8-ounce can French-fried onion rings
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter.
- Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain.
- Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste, to the onion mixture. Stir well.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
I didn’t modify anything. It’s so tasty, you must give it a try. I’m so glad I have some leftovers (I made it twice, yes in the same day).